Research Project Description
Water Technical Research Analyst Post-Masters
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN
The Environmental Sciences Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory invites applicants for a post-masters associate position to support research on hydropower technology and markets. The position will be in the Energy-Water Ecosystem Engineering Group of the Environmental Sciences Division. The candidate will participate in a Department of Energy funded research project to study the evolution of the market for hydropower technologies in the United States, and interact with interdisciplinary researchers in hydrology, power systems, generation efficiency, economics, environment, aquatic biology and informatics.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Masters in Economics or Public Policy or related disciplines
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with policy and cost analyses associated with hydropower and/or other energy industries (research experience associated to master’s thesis completion counts towards this minimum)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Preferred but not Required:
• Familiarity with the hydropower licensing process
This position is a temporary, full-time assignment not to exceed 24 months.