Lab Tech Application Procedure
To be considered for the Lab Tech Program applicants must apply to one or more specific positions. Available opportunities for candidates are listed on the ORNL Lab Tech page. The list of open positions is also available within the electronic application.
The electronic application can be completed all at once or completed and saved in parts. However, you must click the “Submit” button in order to officially file the application. Once you have clicked the “Submit” button, you will be able to view your application, but you will no longer be able to edit it. Read all instructions before attempting to complete the application.
Components of a Complete Application
A complete application consists of:
- A completed electronic application form which includes the submission of:
- Statement of Future Plans
- Two references from persons familiar with your professional qualifications or education experience. The mechanism for notifying your references is included in the application itself.
Additional Information about Applications
- The complete application and supporting materials will be available to ORNL for review. Disclosure of such information is made subject to Public Law 93-579 (Privacy Act of 1974) and the U.S. Department of Energy regulations as published in the Federal Register on September 30, 1977.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Additional information may be required if an appointment/employment is offered.
- Applications may be submitted throughout the year, and appointments may begin at any time.
- Official undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts are not needed to apply, but may be requested during the review process. All transcripts must be certified and translated into English. If requested, you should arrange for transcripts to be sent directly from your academic institutions to:
PO Box 117, MS-36
Oak Ridge, TN 37831