Dental Film

The Victor-Bolin dental x-ray film container above, probably dates from 1930 or so. Leonard Bolin held the patent for film holders referred to on the tin: Patent 1537925.

Size: 2.75" x 1.75" x 1.5"

 
Introduced in 1924, the Kodak Radia-tized dental x-ray film shown to the right had two important advantages: it employed non-flammable cellulose triacetate and a used a double emulsion. The latter feature prevented the film from curling when dried, but more importantly, doubled the speed of the film which cut the dose to the patient in half.

Size: 2" x 1.5" x 1.25"

References:

Karjodkar, F.R. Textbook of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.

 

 

Radiology                Museum Directory

Last updated: 11/11/11
Copyright 1999, Oak Ridge Associated Universities