Nuclear-Chicago Film Badge (1954-1959)

This plastic Nuclear-Chicago badge contains a single film packet. Since the latter is dated August 21, 1959, the badge itself would have been manufactured earlier. The fact that the company adopted the name Nuclear-Chicago in 1954 narrows the date to somewhere between 1954 and 1959.

Three filters (front and back) are incorporated into the badge to account for energy dependence: cadmium, aluminum and lead.

Size:  1.5" x  2"

Donated by Ron Kathren

Dosimeters                   Museum Directory

Last updated: 07/25/07
Copyright 1999, Oak Ridge Associated Universities