Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Application Instructions for Faculty Members
Who is eligible?
- Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (1/10/2012 through 1/10/2014) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible.
What do you need?
- The resume and research proposal must be in PDF format.
There are no general formatting requirements (e.g., font, margins, etc.).
- A one-page abbreviated resume in PDF format with a second page listing publications and/or presentations.
- A two-page research proposal that should address the following:
- research goals and objectives and relevant background
- expected research outcomes and relevance
- research design and methodology
- competence of the applicant to perform the proposed research
- the available research facilities and resources
- a budget justification
- (optional) an additional single page of references relating to the proposal.
- Complete and save the online application form.
- Go to the application form.
- Fill out all requested information. (Affirmative action information is optional.)
- Press the “Check Application” button once the form is completed.
- The response back is the completed form. Proof read the form for errors.
Repeat previous steps until all information is correct.
(Use “Back” button on browser so that the form retains information.)
- Save the form as an HTML file. (See detailed instructions below.)
- E-mail your councilor.
- Attach your resume in PDF format.
- Attach your proposal in PDF format.
- Attach the completed application in HTML format.
- Attach collaboration support letter (if any) in PDF format.
- Have a nomination letter in PDF format from your chair or dean sent to your ORAU Councilor.
You may want to print these directions and use them as a checklist.
If you have any questions please contact Janet Kile.