The IC Postdoc Program offers scientists and engineers from a wide variety of disciplines unique opportunities to conduct research relevant to the Intelligence Community. The research is conducted by the Postdocs, while working in partnership with a Research Advisor and collaborating with an advisor from the Intelligence Community.
Postdoc appointments are for 24 months. The Program has the discretion to fund a third year, if outlined in the original proposal and approved by ODNI.
- Annual stipends (which include funds for health insurance) range from $75,000 to $79,000, depending on research location
- Annual travel budget of $6,000
- Host institutions (College, University, or U.S. Government Laboratory) receive an annual laboratory budget of up to $5,000
- Research Advisors receive a $10,000 annual stipend and an annual travel budget of $2,000
- U.S. citizenship required
- PhD. received within 5 years of the application deadline