- Exercise involves a train
wreck with a van carrying X-ray equipment on a public highway.
- The accident occurs within
1000 feet of a residential area, which requires public evacuation
- Radiography Sources (Class
7 - Radioactive) are in Type-B containers. A radiological breach occurs,
resulting in an exposed source but no contamination.
- The exercise, as written,
includes an (optional) injury scenario with one serious injury (to
chest) and two minor injuries (broken arm and head contusion).
- The exercise simulates the
initial occurrence of the accident through the arrival of a Radiation Response
Team and the beginning of recovery operations.
- Media play is involved in