In addition to being involved in IACMI partner activities that will be a sure complement to your academic programs, you will have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art equipment and interact with scientists and engineers who are at the top of their fields. Engaging in hands-on learning that is more project-based than traditional academic coursework is a critical way to refine your skill and intensify your interest in this exciting field of study.
IACMI wants to:
- Provide opportunities for participants to become engaged in and contribute to activities relevant to the composites industry.
- Help create the future composites workforce by developing a pipeline of talent and leadership.
- Expose students to the burgeoning composites industry and to career opportunities within it.
Program participants will receive:
- A competitive weekly stipend commensurate with academic level for the duration of the program - $600.00 for undergraduate and $750.00 for graduate students
- A weekly housing allowance of $175.
- Limited in- and out-bound travel assistance to and from their internship site.