What is provided?
One of the main benefits of enrolling in the National Supplemental Screening Program (NSSP) is that the medical screening conducted by health professionals may identify health issues before symptoms occur.
There are many other benefits to be gained from medical screening. If you enroll in the NSSP, you will receive the following at no cost to you:
- A customized medical screening based on your work history and work site risks.
- A review of your exam results by one of the country’s best medical centers and experts in occupational health.
- Immediate notification of critical health issues, if found.
- A summary of your screening results and educational materials about the health risks identified in the screening.
- Recommendations for physician follow-up, if appropriate.
- Rescreening exams every three years.
It is important to note that your health information is protected under the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996.