Apply NowApplications are accepted throughout the year for Postdoctoral Fellows and Senior Fellows. Applications for Short-Term Fellows may be submitted throughout the year, however applicants are encouraged to submit applications by April for consideration for the current year.
U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) Research Associateship Program (RAP) Summer Journeyman Fellowship’s second round applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through February 25, 2018. Scientists and engineers at ARL help shape and execute the Army's program for meeting the challenge of developing technologies that will support Army forces in meeting future operational needs.
SUMMER JOURNEYMAN FELLOW ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate for the student component must be in good standing (a minimum of a 2.5 GPA) at an accredited university or technical institute, and in an academic program leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree. A candidate for a postgraduate component must have received a college degree (bachelors, or master's degree) within five years of the fellow's start date. Tentative dates of appointment – May15 – August 15.
SUMMER JOURNEYMAN FELLOWS:
Complete the online application form and submit it to the Summer Journeyman projects for one of the directorates:
- Computational and Information Sciences Directorate (CISD)
- Human Research and Engineering Directorate (HRED)
- Sensors and Electron Devices Directorate (SEDD)
- Vehicle Technology Directorate (VTD)
- Weapons and Materials Research Directorate (WMRD)
- Summer Science Writing Fellowship
The following will also be uploaded with the online application:
- Resume - please list your relevant coursework and lab work on your resume as well as all papers, presentations, or publications you may have authored or co-authored. Include any reprints or abstracts if they are available.
- Transcripts - Transcript verifying receipt of degree/or identifying current enrollment. Original student copies are acceptable.
- Statement of Interest: Write a 1-page description of your scientific research experience. Please include references to your lab work as well as any relevant academic coursework. How does this experience intersect with your personal and professional goals? Candidates applying for the Summer Science Writing Fellowship should substitute the Statement of Research Interest with a cover letter and three samples of science writing for a general audience.
- References - You will receive an email containing a link to forward to persons familiar with your educational and/or professional qualifications. Please include your academic advisor (if applicable), and current/prior employers. Personal references are NOT acceptable. If applying for the Summer Journeyman Program, references are not typically required, but contact information is required on the application. During the review process, some Advisor/Selecting Officials may request references for further evaluation.
If you have any questions about the ARL Summer Journeyman Program, please the contact ARL-RAP recruiter, Krystle Wagemann.