Health Communication & Marketing
Getting the right public health message to the right audience
ORAU health communication and marketing professionals collaborate with leading public health organizations and share expertise and experiences in the United States and around the world.
Whether delivering preventive health messaging on vaccines in Asia, preventing transmission of Ebola in Africa, containing pandemic flu in the Americas, or addressing the opioid challenge in Appalachia, the ORAU team builds effective communication strategies and creates interventions and products tailored to specific audiences facing serious health issues.
ORAU develops measurable health communication interventions to effectively reach high-risk audiences in an effort to prevent or mitigate critical health concerns. Our experts employ proven marketing strategies and innovative technologies to disseminate tailored disease prevention messages and materials.
What we offer
- Social marketing plan development, including concept discovery and design
- Formative research, such as focus groups and online surveys
- Product and resource development for print or electronic dissemination
- Concept testing of proposed interventions
- Writing and editing, including message mapping and message testing
- Public and media relations, such as digital press kits and media buys
- Audience specific and community-based interventions
- Meeting, conference and expert panel support
See how we've helped our clients
I gave the highest marks to ORAU for helping to conceptualize, develop, and evaluate over 25 major projects including the development of web and social media-based tools and conducting research-based projects on cardiovascular health, heart disease and stroke prevention, diabetes, smoking, cancer, immunization, STD prevention, violence prevention, social marketing and emergency risk communication. Each of these projects were consistently high quality, on time and often under budget. The ORAU staff were people of integrity that were dependable—consistently delivering as promised.
Galen Cole PhD, MPH, LPC, WCP
CDC Senior Scientist and Project Officer (Retired)
For information about ORAU’s health communication, preparedness and response solutions, contact Freddy Gray, director, Health Communication and Preparedness programs, at 865.576.0029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.