Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Instructions for ORAU Member Councilors
Who is eligible?
Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (Jan. 8, 2018 through Jan. 8, 2020) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible. The award amount provided by ORAU is $5,000. The applicant’s institution is required to match the award with at least an additional $5,000. This is a one-year grant (June 1 to May 31).
What do councilors and member institutions need to do?
- Select up to two junior faculty members to be considered for the award.
- Request a nomination letter from the chair or dean for each junior faculty member to be considered. This letter will be uploaded as part of the application in the PeerNet intake system.
- Prepare a letter of support and send to nominees along with a link to the PeerNet intake system (link to be sent via UPO listserv in October) and the nomination letter from the chair/dean. This letter will NOT be uploaded as part of the application in the PeerNet intake system, but will be used to track nominees and ensure they have been approved by the Councilor. A template letter will be sent along with the link to the PeerNet intake system in October. Copy email@example.com on this email so we can track the nominees.
- Link will be provided in UPO listserv in October.
- Have nominees complete proposal application.
Special note on file formats
ORAU requests that all documentation submitted for the Ralph E. Powe Awards, except for the application form, be submitted in PDF format. If this is unacceptable for any reason, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and see if other arrangements can be made to handle the document format.
If a Councilor is unable to submit documentation from the Councilor’s email address, please send a letter of designation to email@example.com with the name and email address of the person sending the information.