Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Instructions for ORAU Member Councilors
Who is eligible?
Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (Jan. 8, 2016 through Jan. 8, 2018) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible. The award amount provided by ORAU is $5,000. The applicant’s institution is required to match the award with at least an additional $5,000. This is a one-year grant (June 1 to May 31).
What do councilors and member institutions need to do?
- Select up to two junior faculty members to be considered for the award.
- Request a nomination letter from the chair or dean for each junior faculty member to be considered.
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (one email for each faculty member to be considered):
- The two-page proposal from the nominee in PDF format.
- The abbreviated resume from the nominee in PDF format.
- The application form in HTML format from the nominee.
- A nomination letter for the nominee in PDF format.
- A support letter from any collaborator in PDF format.
Special note on file formats
ORAU requests that all documentation submitted for the Ralph E. Powe Awards, except for the application form, be submitted in PDF format. If this is unacceptable for any reason, please notify email@example.com and see if other arrangements can be made to handle the document format.
If a Councilor is unable to submit documentation from the Councilor’s email address, please send a letter of designation to Janet Kile with the name and email address of the person sending the information.