Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Instructions for ORAU Member Councilors
Who is eligible?
Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (Jan. 9, 2017 through Jan. 9, 2019) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible. The award amount provided by ORAU is $5,000. The applicant’s institution is required to match the award with at least an additional $5,000. This is a one-year grant (June 1 to May 31).
What do councilors and member institutions need to do?
- Select up to two junior faculty members to be considered for the award.
- Request a nomination letter from the chair or dean for each junior faculty member to be considered.
- Prepare a letter of support and send to nominees along with a link to the PeerNet intake system and the nomination letter from the chair/dean. Copy email@example.com on this email so we can track the nominees.
- Link will be provided in UPO listserv. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the link resent.
- Have nominees complete proposal application
Special note on file formats
ORAU requests that all documentation submitted for the Ralph E. Powe Awards, except for the application form, be submitted in PDF format. If this is unacceptable for any reason, please notify email@example.com and see if other arrangements can be made to handle the document format.
If a Councilor is unable to submit documentation from the Councilor’s email address, please send a letter of designation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email address of the person sending the information.