Small Business Program
ORAU Procurement & Partnerships proactively works with small businesses to purchase goods and services. It is ORAU’s commitment to apply efforts of outreach and technical assistance to identify, qualify, and utilize companies in the following categories to the maximum extent possible that is consistent with the efficient performance of ORAU’s prime contracts:
- Small businesses (SB)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) small businesses
- Small disadvantaged businesses (SDB)
- Women-owned small businesses (WOSB)
- Veteran-owned small businesses (VOSB)
- Service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSB)
- Historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs)
- Other minority educational institutions (MEIs)
This office utilizes the System for Award Management (SAM) and the Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) managed by the Small Business Administration (SBA) to identify potential sources, along with outreach at small business events.
ORAU invites suppliers to submit a one-page capabilty statement by email to the Small Business Program Office.
Mentor Protégé Program
The Mentor-Protégé Program is designed to encourage approved mentors (a trusted counselor or guide) to provide various forms of assistance to eligible protégé (one whose career or business is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence) participants.
The purpose of the mentor-protégé relationship is to enhance the capabilities of the protégés; and to improve their ability to successfully compete for federal contracts.
The ORAU mentor-protégé program is part of the ORAU prime contract with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and will be operated in accordance with DOE Mentor-Protégé Program guidelines.
ORAU may enter into mentor-protégé agreement(s) with the groups outlined above to provide developmental assistance to enhance the protégé firm’s capabilities to perform subcontracts.
Contact the Small Business Program Office if you are interested in the Mentor-Protégé Program.
Small business contracting achievements
- 2014 DOE Facility Management Contractor Procurement Director of the Year Award
- 2013 DOE Facility Management Contractor Small Business Achievement of the Year Award
- 2008 DOE Protégé of the Year Award to ORAU Protégé Integrated Solutions & Services
- 2006 DOE Facility Management Contractor Small Business Diversity Achievement Award
- 2006 Eisenhower Award for Excellence in Small Business Subcontracting
- 2005 Small Business Administration’s Award of Distinction for Exceptional Small Business Programs
Rebecca D. Crowe, M.S.E.M.
Small Business Program Manager
Expertise: Government contracting, process improvement, purchasing systems, regulatory analysis, small business program management
Crowe has more than 16 years of experience in government subcontracts, small business program management, and systems implementation and maintenance to help maintain regulatory compliance and business operations.
Certification: Master Certificate in Government Contracting, Masters of Sciences in Engineering Management
For information about ORAU’s Small Business Program, contact the Small Business Program Office at 865.576.3049 or email@example.com.