Radiological & Chemical Characterization
If you’re preparing to undertake a decontamination project of any size, you’ll need to know the extent of contamination that needs to be remediated from your site’s property.
ORAU independently develops and implements radiological and chemical characterization survey plans for state and government agencies, as well as private sector organizations. The plans developed ensure the collection and assessment of the appropriate data quantity and the quality necessary for confident decision-making and controlling project scope uncertainties.
ORAU’s data quality objectives-driven approach minimizes surprises and maximizes efficiencies of remediation resources and their effectiveness to ultimately achieve site cleanup.
High-quality characterization standards
ORAU doesn’t stop at characterization surveys. After your site is thoroughly evaluated for contamination, we’ll provide you with resources to take the next step in the site release process. Some of these resources include:
- MARSSIM-based final status survey planning and implementation
- Implementation of DOE Order 458.1 standards
- Development of dose-based release limits (derived concentration guideline levels)
- Independent technical reviews
- Independent verification of the overall decommissioning survey and site assessment process
For more information about contracting with ORAU, contact Kathy Rollow at 865.574.4390 or email@example.com.