Lab Tech Selection Procedure
This program is administered by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science Education (ORISE) and managed by ORAU for Oak Ridge National Laboratory. ORAU is part of the UT-Battelle partnership that operates ORNL. All applications will be processed by ORISE and then made available electronically to appropriate ORNL staff for review and selection.
Selection is based on:
- an applicant’s academic record and recommendations
- science and engineering background
- research interests and professional goals
- compatibility of the applicant’s background and interests with the research needs of ORNL
- the availability of funds, programs, staff, and facilities
Participants become temporary employees of ORAU.
Notification of Selection
Offers of appointments are made by ORAU on behalf of ORNL. Applications remain on file for one year from submission date. If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact Marie Asher at Marie.Asher@orau.org.