Public Health Emergency Preparedness
ORAU helps CDC ensure that local public health systems can effectively respond to a range of public health threats
CDC's Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) program is a critical component of national health security.
Within the public health preparedness portfolio, ORAU works on a variety of national projects, programs, and initiatives to help CDC ensure state and local public health systems are able to effectively respond to a range of public health threats, including infectious diseases, natural disasters, and biological, chemical, nuclear and radiological events.
Industries we serve
- Federal preparedness agencies
- State, local and territorial public health departments
- Preparedness professionals
- National preparedness organizations and agencies
What we offer
ORAU has been supporting CDC’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) program since the development of the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) Extranet in 2003. Our experts work with federal agencies and national preparedness organizations by providing the following services:
- Preparedness education campaign planning and implementation
- Preparedness Impact Project Steering Committee project management
- Design and testing of PHEP communication materials
- Social media messaging and graphic design
- Technical guidance writing and editing
- Technical assistance and training for preparedness professionals
Community preparedness: Best practices for emergency and disaster response
For decades, ORAU has engaged state and local public health departments across the United States to develop tools that focus on a whole-community approach to emergency preparedness. The approach requires public health, health care, emergency medical services and emergency management working together to provide the right care at the right time.
For information about ORAU’s health communication, preparedness and response solutions, contact Freddy Gray, director, Health Communication and Preparedness programs, at 865.576.0029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.