ORAU information scientists provide just in time research capabilities for projects and proposals of every size.
Sometimes Google just isn’t enough.
Although the Web contains countless terabytes of information, internet search engines are only as good as the searcher’s ability to use them. And sometimes your work and schedule demands don’t allow time for a thorough search of all the information you need.
Before the advent of internet search engines, the library reference desk provided a human touch for research, and librarians helped guide patrons to the right resources and tools to find the information they needed. Although artificial intelligence and search algorithms have made massive leaps in recent years, the human intelligence required to understand where to search, how to search and what tools to use is still of enormous value.
ORAU’s team of researchers and information scientists bring many decades of experience to your research problem, and can conduct research on your behalf that gets to the real need behind the request and compiles the right information from the right sources.
What we do
ORAU’s information scientists perform the following functions:
- Subject matter expert identification and recruitment
- Qualitative research
- Market research
- Special reports and studies
- Literature reviews
- Scientific writing and editing
Why choose ORAU?
- Information scientists with decades of experience in using online databases and traditional reference tools
- Access to the latest and best historical data sources
- An understanding of diverse markets and academic disciplines
- 30+ combined years of qualitative/quantitative research and science and technical writing
For information about ORAU’s research services, contact Jim Malone at 865.576.2027 or Jim.Malone@orau.org.