Events Sponsorship Program
Grants up to $4,000 available to ORAU Consortium member universities
ORAU’s FY 2023 Events Sponsorship Grant Program applications are due beginning September 1, 2022 for events occurring before September 30, 2023. Instead of the two cycle submission dates previously required, the Events Grant application window will remain open throughout the fiscal year depending on available funds.
Each member university is limited to one award per fiscal year. Up to $4,000 may be requested to support an in-person or virtual event that involves participants from more than one ORAU member institution, including students. Event applications should focus on focused workshops/conferences that highlight your university’s strategic STEM research and education growth areas, and where collaborations with other member universities would add value. We are specifically interested in events that can bring more thought leadership in building a national strategy for STEM education and workforce development. Member universities are encouraged to collaborate around this topic in anticipation of federal funding initiatives.
Funding and restrictions
- Funding is provided exclusively from non-federal monies by ORAU.
- ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the award.
- All events must be completed by September 30 (the end of ORAU’s fiscal year).
- For future event grant competitions, seminar series will not be considered for support due to the limited engagement by other ORAU member institutions.
Frequently asked questions
Any ORAU member institution in good standing may submit an event grant application through their ORAU Councilor. Only applications endorsed by an institution’s ORAU Councilor will be considered. An institution is considered in good standing when membership fees are up-to-date and required reports for existing award programs are current.
Event grants will be considered for events that meet the following criteria:
- Participation by more than one ORAU institution is required. One ORAU member university will submit the proposal and manage the grant funds.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants will be a big factor in our decision.
- Participation by students is considered a positive factor.
- New events are preferred over ongoing or annual events with established financial models.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
- A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event and will attend, if possible.
A report documenting participation and outcomes must be submitted within 30 days following the event. Reports may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If for some unforeseen reason the event cannot occur as stated in the grant request, please contact the University Partnerships Office to inform us of the revised date. If the awarded event is cancelled, the grant funds need to be returned to ORAU. Contact email@example.com to receive further guidance.
Funding is provided exclusively from non-federal monies by ORAU, and overhead charges or indirect costs are not allowed on the award.
Ready to apply?
Please complete the application below. In addition, an email from your ORAU Councilor endorsing your request is required and should be attached at the bottom of the application.
Application for Event Grant Sponsorship