Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Application Instructions for Faculty Members
- List of Councilors at Member Institutions (contains institution name, councilor name, councilor email address)
- Application form
Who is eligible?
- Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (Jan. 8, 2016 through Jan. 8, 2018) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible.
What do you need?
- The resume and research proposal must be in PDF format. There are no general formatting requirements (e.g., font, margins, etc.).
- A one-page abbreviated resume in PDF format with a second page listing publications and/or presentations.
- A two-page research proposal that should address the following:
- Research goals and objectives and relevant background
- Expected research outcomes and relevance
- Research design and methodology
- Competence of the applicant to perform the proposed research
- The available research facilities and resources
- Budget justification
- Additional single page of references relating to the proposal (optional)
- Complete the application form.
- Email your councilor.
- Attach your resume in PDF
- Attach your proposal in PDF
- Attach the completed application in HTML
- Attach collaboration support letter (if any) in PDF
- Have a nomination letter in PDF format from your chair or dean sent to your ORAU Councilor.
You may want to print these directions and use them as a checklist.