Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards
Application Instructions for Faculty Members
- List of Councilors at Member Institutions (contains institution name, councilor name, councilor email address)
Who is eligible?
- Full-time assistant professors within two years of their initial tenure track appointment (Jan. 1, 2018 through Jan. 8, 2020) at the time of application at an ORAU member institution are eligible.
What do you need?
Note: All documents must be in PDF format. There are no general formatting requirements (e.g., font, margins, etc.) other than page lengths stated below. Please ensure you have all documents before proceeding to the ORAU PeerNet intake system.
- One-page abbreviated resume
- One-page listing publications and/or presentations
- Two-page research proposal that should address the following:
- Research goals and objectives and relevant background
- Expected research outcomes and relevance
- Research design and methodology
- Competence of the applicant to perform the proposed research
- Available research facilities and resources
- Budget justification
- Additional single page of references relating to the proposal (optional)
- Nomination letter from your chair or dean
- Receive email of support from your ORAU Councilor and link to the PeerNet intake system from your councilor
- Gather all documents listed above and ensure they are in PDF format
- Go to the PeerNet intake system and complete the required fields in each section (see PeerNet Proposal Collection PI User Guide for step-by-step instructions)
- Upload all required documents as directed
- Preview and submit
If you have any questions or need assistance with the PeerNet intake system, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during ORAU business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., EST. ORAU will be closed on major holidays.