ORAU brings decades of experience in scientific peer review and merit review for agencies and organizations of all sizes.
Each year, federal and state agencies as well as major foundations award billions in dollars to research proposals and projects deemed to show the most promise. The goal is always to award funding to the most deserving proposals. But how can these organizations effectively decide which proposals are the best? The most time-tested and widely accepted method is peer review.
What is peer review?
Peer review is the evaluation of scientific work by subject matter experts from the same or a related field. The evaluated work may be among other things, a proposal to conduct scientific research, ongoing research itself or a submitted paper based on ongoing or completed research. The peer review process involves selecting experts in the same field as the proposals to evaluate, comment, and score proposals based on their knowledge of the subject and understanding of the impact each proposal would make if funded.
What we offer
- Multiple decades of experience in all aspects of scientific peer review and merit review
- A fully-integrated peer review management system (PeerNet)
- Broad experience in using other online peer review management systems
- Ability to conduct reviews, workshops and meetings of any size
- Ease-of-use in managing reviews from start to finish or managing any component
- Vast network of full-vetted experts in many professional disciplines
- Low cost and high efficiency in all phases of the peer review process
- Management of all travel, honoraria and other arrangements for expert panels
- Simple-to-use contracting options
PeerNet™ – Proposal Evaluation Management System
While many peer review management systems exist, only ORAU’s PeerNet™ was built by peer review professionals based on decades of real-world experience and thousands of pieces of customer feedback.
Since its release in 1997, PeerNet™ has served as the online peer review management tool for more than 1,162 reviews. With each release PeerNet has introduced new features designed to further streamline and improve the review process.
The latest release (2018) includes a new Reviewer Interface as well as a new Proposal Collection module to help organize all the documents associated with each review.
While PeerNet™ specializes in traditional peer review, it has the flexibility to assist with all kinds of reviews and evaluations. View our fact sheet and contact us today to learn about how PeerNet™ might be able to meet the needs of your upcoming review.
Already a PeerNet user?
For information about ORAU’s research, reviews and evaluations, contact Leslie Shapard at 865.241.5784 or email@example.com.