ORAU brings decades of experience in scientific peer review and merit review for agencies and organizations of all sizes.
Each year, federal and state agencies as well as major foundations award billions in dollars to research proposals and projects deemed to show the most promise. The goal is always to award funding to the most deserving proposals. But how can these organizations effectively decide which proposals are the best? The most time-tested and widely accepted method is peer review.
What is peer review?
Peer review is the evaluation of scientific work by subject matter experts from the same or a related field. The evaluated work may be among other things, a proposal to conduct scientific research, ongoing research itself or a submitted paper based on ongoing or completed research. The peer review process involves selecting experts in the same field as the proposals to evaluate, comment, and score proposals based on their knowledge of the subject and understanding of the impact each proposal would make if funded.
What we offer
- Multiple decades of experience in all aspects of scientific peer review and merit review
- A fully-integrated peer review management system
- Broad experience in using other online peer review management systems
- Ability to conduct reviews, workshops and meetings of any size
- Ease-of-use in managing reviews from start to finish or managing any component
- Proprietary network of more than 18,000 global subject matter experts and access to numerous other expert databases
- Low cost and high efficiency in all phases of the peer review process
- Management of all travel, honoraria and other arrangements for expert panels
PeerNet – Proposal Management System
While many peer review management systems exist, only ORAU’s PeerNet was built based on decades of real-world experience and thousands of pieces of customer feedback. PeerNet has served as the online peer review management tool for more than 1,200 reviews.
PeerNet is specifically designed to facilitate effective proposal solicitation, peer review, and award management by using ORAU’s proprietary and easy-to-navigate online portal. PeerNet is a structured system where:
- Proposals are collected from principal investigators using customized criteria.
- Peer Review scores and comments from multiple subject matter experts are entered.
- Common criteria and scoring methods allow for apples-to-apples comparisons.
- Data is delivered quickly to inform decision making.
- Information, documents, and deliverables are exchanged with awardees.
Already a PeerNet user? Log in to PeerNet
Want to check it out? Request a PeerNet demo
For information about ORAU’s research, reviews and evaluations, contact Keri Cagle at 865.241.3804 or email@example.com.